Welcome to Habitat’s online expedition! Join us as we travel the world and visit Habitat projects in this online escape room. We hope you will have fun over the next 1.5 to 2 hours, as you complete the challenging puzzles and exciting games. We also hope that you will learn more about why housing is vital in breaking the cycle of poverty and helping to drive the sustainable development goals. That’s why Habitat is focused on building a world where everyone has a safe place to live. So pack your bag and sign up for the journey!
How does the online expedition work?
- The game will take about 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Make sure you have a pen and paper handy; there is some working out involved!
- This game is designed for a desktop computer or a laptop. If you want to use a smaller screen some things may not work as well or may not be very visible.
- This journey is most fun in teams, so gather your colleagues, friends, family and make sure everyone can see the screen! Playing from separate houses? Use a video call to talk to each other so you can solve the puzzles together.
- Some puzzles are harder than others. This allows everyone to be challenged at some point in the game.
- Worried you might get stuck? We also provide hints!
- The solution to a puzzle may be a number or a letter you have to fill in somewhere else. Remember and/or write these answers down.
- Worried that you won’t have enough time to complete the game in one sitting? Don’t stress, you can copy your URL and come back!
- Along the way you will come to understand the work that Habitat for Humanity does. If you would like to support our work with a donation find out more at www.habitatireland.org/donate
Checklist: what do you need for this expedition?
- A laptop or desktop computer with an internet connection
- Pen and paper
- For some puzzles you may need other sites to find an answer, so have your browser at the ready!
Sign up for Habitat's online expedition!
Fill in your name and email address and press the 'register and play game' button.